Heli Hike at night Terms
This page outlines the terms and conditions for Air Ambulance Charity Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS) Heli Hike at Night
These terms and conditions include vital information about your participation in Heli Hike and by signing up to our event, you agree to the following:
- All participants are required to sign-in at the registration desk
- Dogs are welcome to attend the event. It is the dog owner’s responsibility to ensure that the dog/s act in a responsible manner. Please note that dogs must not be left in vehicles during the event. More information on enjoying the walk with your dog can be found at: Countryside walking with your dog – PDSA
- Do not leave any valuables in your vehicle. Any personal belongings left in the car park are done so at the owner’s risk. KSS accept no responsibility for any damage, loss or theft.
- Car parking is available at the venue. We do ask participants to please park according to guidance provided by the car park marshals on the day
- First aid provision will be in place on the day of the event but please note that all participants take part at their own risk and acknowledge that certain areas of the route are remote, which may delay emergency assistance, should it be required
- All litter and waste must be disposed of using designated disposal facilities or taken away for you to dispose of away from the event site
- Entries are non-refundable
- Your sign up to Heli Hike can be transferred to another walker, please contact email@example.com to make this request
- KSS will use the email address and contact details you supply when you sign up to Heli Hike to send you information about this event
- Early bird sign-ups will be available up until Friday 25th August 2023. After this time, sign-ups will be increased to the standard price
- Whilst this is a wheelchair and pushchair accessible route, entrants are reminded this will take place at night, and the route is hilly in parts.
- All sign-ups include a free t-shirt. At the point of booking, please select the correct size, according to the measurements given
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in Heli Hike
- The participant acknowledges that the event may be strenuous, and parts may be physically demanding, and the participant is aware of the nature of the event and associated medical and physical risks involved
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing the appropriate attire, including footwear, when participating in the walk, taking in to account the nature of the event, the terrain and the weather forecast
- Whilst every effort will be taken to ensure that the route is clear, participants are asked to be aware of low-lying branches and any other natural hazards whilst passing round the course
- Participants are advised to carry a mobile phone and add the emergency contact number for the organiser on the day into their mobile phone, for easy access, should this be needed
- Should a participant decide to retire early from the event, they will inform the nearest event steward immediately so the Event Manager can be informed
- Although every care and effort will be taken to ensure that both routes are accessible, we cannot take responsibility for any unforeseen circumstances that may lead to pathways being closed. or for the maintenance of the pathways
- Participants understand that all routes have been measured using online mapping and GPS tracking which means we cannot guarantee exact distances
- Mote Park has a strict no plastic policy. Participants are advised to bring their own reusable bottles
- Participants are advised to carry a torch with them throughout the event as there is no lighting along the route
- Sponsorship money should be transferred to KSS within 8 weeks of Heli Hike
- Sponsorship forms should be returned to KSS to enable gift aid to be claimed
- Further guidance and top tips on fundraising can be found in our fundraising guide: https://www.aakss.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising/useful-information-for-fundraising/
- If Heli Hike needs to be cancelled or postponed, KSS will communicate a rescheduled date as soon as possible. If this is not possible, a full refund will be offered.
- Please check our website, social media and your email for any updates associated with this event.
- KSS cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage sustained because of the event cancellation or changes to the event; this includes, and is not limited to, accommodation or travel cost.
KSS can reserve the right to refuse entry to a Heli Hike participant who may be:
- behaving in an anti-social or threatening manner;
- carrying any prohibited items;
- under the influence of drugs or alcohol (or appear to be)
- under the minimum age of entry or failed to produce valid ID to prove their age
- using an invalid or counterfeit confirmation email
All participants taking part in Heli Hike do so at their own risk. KSS will not be held liable for any accidents, injuries, loss or illness whilst at this event.
If you have any questions about Heli Hike, please contact the KSS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01634 471900.