Gift Aid allows charities to claim back the tax you pay on donations
KSS is registered with HMRC for claiming Gift Aid so if you are a UK taxpayer the government allows us to claim Gift Aid on your donations at a rate of 25p in the pound. For every £1 you donate we can claim a further 25p – increasing the value of every gift you give by 25%
Simply confirm that you are a UK taxpayer and you want to add Gift Aid to your donation by completing a declaration – online, by phone or by post. By doing so, KSS can not only claim Gift Aid on gifts you make from now on but on any donation that you have given us within the last four years!
Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.
If you are a UK taxpayer and have paid tax equal to or greater than the amount claimed in Gift aid, yes!
Even if you are not employed, you are still eligible if you are paying tax on any of the following:
• A personal or occupational pension
• Stocks and shares
• Bank and building society savings accounts
• Rental income
• Overseas and UK investment dividends.
Not all gifts can benefit from Gift Aid. These include any donation:
• From a non-UK taxpayer.
• Made on behalf of someone else or a group of people.
• Made on behalf of a company.
• To a family member or friend participating in an event where the charity is contributing to their costs
• Made in return for goods, rights or services.
Please don’t forget to notify us if you:
• Want to cancel this declaration
• Change your name or home address
• No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains